NORTH YORKSHIRE SCOUTS - PRIVACY STATEMENT
Introduction. Our Privacy Statement sets out how North Yorkshire Scouts uses and protects any information that you give to North Yorkshire Scouts when you use this website. We are committed to collecting and using all information we capture fairly and in accordance with The Data Protection Act 2018 and the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and should we ask you to provide certain information from which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Privacy Statement and our Data Protection Policy.
Who are we? North Yorkshire County Scout Council is a youth charity, registered with The UK Charity Commission. Our mission is to actively engage and support young people in their personal development, empowering them to make a positive contribution to society. We are incorporated by Royal Charter and are regulated as a member of The UK Scout Association.
Your personal data - what is it? Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be from the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in our possession or likely to come into our possession. The processing of your personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulations.
What we collect. We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title.
- Contact information including email address and telephone number.
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to activity and course bookings such as health and allergy information.
What we do with the information we gather. We comply with our GDPR obligations by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. We use the information we gather so that we can contact members of North Yorkshire Scouts, the parents, guardians and carers of our young members, general enquiries from the public and to help us deliver safe and secure Scouting activities and events. We collect personal and medical information only for the protection of that person whilst in the care of North Yorkshire Scouts.
Security. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard ad secure the information we collect on-line.
Controlling your personal information. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us at:
North Yorkshire Scouts County Office
43b Market Place
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Your rights and your personal data. You have the right to object to how we process your personal information. You also have the right to access, correct, sometimes delete and restrict the personal information we use. In addition, you have a right to complain to us and to the data protection regulator.
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to be informed – you have a right to know how your data will be used by North Yorkshire Scouts.
- The right to access your personal data – you can ask us to share with you the data we have about you.
- The right to rectification – this just means you can update your data if it’s inaccurate or if something is missing.
- The right to erasure – this means that you have the right to request that we delete any personal data they have about you. There are some exceptions, for example, some information can be held for legal reasons.
- The right to restrict processing – if you think there’s something wrong with the data being held about you, or you aren’t sure if we are complying to rules, you can restrict any further use of your data until the problem is resolved.
- The right to data portability – this means that if you ask us we will have to share your data with you in a way that can be read digitally, such as a pdf. This makes it easier to share information with others.
- The right to object – you can object to the ways your data is being used. This should make it easier to avoid unwanted marketing communications and spam from third parties.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – this protects you in cases where decision are being made about you based entirely on automated processes rather than a human input.
North Yorkshire Scouts Data Controller. To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints in the first instance you should contact our Data Protection lead and Data Controller for North Yorkshire Scouts, who is the County Chair. They can contacted at the following address:
North Yorkshire Scouts County Office
43b Market Place
Finally, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
Reviewed: 10 August 2018