What is Scout Active Support?
Scout Active Support is for anyone over the age of 18 years.
It is a way for adults to volunteer time to Scouting in a flexible way that suits them.
There is no requirement to have been involved in Scouting before joining - all that is required is a willingness to volunteer some time to support Scouting.
Scout Active Support is a resource for managers of local Scouting.
Examples of how Active Support members can support Scouting include such as:-
- Providing an source of extra adult help in Leader absence
- Teaching skills that existing Leadership team may not have
- Helping with planning and fundraising for an international trip
- Helping with recruitment for a Group/District or County by attending local events such as University Open Days
- Sharing their knowledge of the local area
- Coordinating a Group/District or County event
Scout Districts in North Yorkshire who have Active Support Units
- Harrogate & Nidderdale
- Ripon & District
- Selby and York